Saturday, July 16, 2005

Next Saturday

July 23rd, we will head to the Norman Bird Sanctuary in Newport, RI. I have always wanted to check this place out. They have tons of different trails, so when we get there we can pick a trail depending on how far we feel like hiking that day.

They charge a $4 per person entry fee, but I have heard it is worth it. Supposedly they have hawks, owls, and other birds recovering from injuries, as well as lots of different species of birds. So bring your binoculars if you have them.

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Brett said...

Norman Bird Sanctuary is really nice! Brett and I loved it, but didn't see any rehab birds, maybe we should've asked. Definitely do Hanging Rock. Megan

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Thanks Megan! We will check it out.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,
I'm very interested in this hike, let me know when you guys plan on arriving in Newport. Also I want to see the green animals in Portsmouth, I think that is more like ten bucks, but it looks really cool, maybe next month we could go.
-Kim

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the Norman Bird Sanctuary. Sounds like it was fun. Gramps and I had been visiting the Sanctuary and returning to our car ( not parked in the lot) when we encountered those bulls and me with the brandy new, red jacket. ;)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Wow! I didn't know that story was from there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home